Our client, a high-growth, Seattle-based digital media startup, is building the next generation of health media. Their digital brands provide best-in-class services that bridge the gap between information and action across a variety of industries, including sleep, telehealth, and at-home testing.
They are looking for an experienced Controller who is ready to roll up their sleeves and build with them. This role reports into the CFO, and will be remote through 2021.
About the Role
As an early member of the Finance team, you will be integral in defining and scaling the finance and accounting processes. You will oversee all accounting, tax, and payroll functions, and be a key financial leader as we scale our business and enter new verticals. The successful candidate will be an experienced startup leader, who is energized by the opportunity to build an efficient & compliant infrastructure capable of scaling with the rapid growth of the business.
What You'll Do
● Architect and scale rigorous accounting processes, systems, and controls across existing business
lines & new verticals
● Manage all aspects of accounting operations, including financial reporting, receivables, payables,
payroll, tax, and audit
● Partner with senior leadership in financial planning, management and Board reporting, and ad hoc
● Plan and ensure all aspects of financial compliance with GAAP; federal, state, and local tax
requirements; and internal financial policies and procedures
● Work closely with external tax advisors and auditors to meet all financial requirements
What We Are Looking For
● Public accounting experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm strongly preferred
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting; active CPA strongly preferred
● 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including leading internal and external teams
● High-growth start-up experience required; e-commerce experience a plus!
● In-depth knowledge of GAAP
● Direct working experience with Quickbooks and Netsuite
● Advanced spreadsheet and communication skills
● A willingness to get your hands dirty -- you enjoy a scrappy, entrepreneurial environment where
everyone pitches in to get the job done
Our client is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. They strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. They are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.