Our client is a high-growth, Seattle-based startup that is building the next generation of health media. Our client's digital brands provide best-in-class services that bridge the gap between information and action across a variety of industries, including sleep, telehealth, and at-home testing.
Our client is in the early stages of what they can achieve and are looking for a talented Director of Product & UX Design to join the team. This role reports into the Vice President of Product Development and will be remote through 2021.
About the Role
As the leader of the design and UX team, you will develop, own, and evangelize design systems, proficiencies, and resources to support multi-vertical initiatives in our client's health & wellness portfolio. This is a hands-on role that requires deep understanding of user experience and visual design, digital publishing products, and brand development.
What You'll Do
- Develop design systems that integrate well with stakeholders’ needs and workflows
- Work across teams such as product, technology, content, and marketing - as a client and as a service provider, but most importantly as a teammate
- Build the interface, interaction, and/or experience design of successful digital products and features
- Build an operational system to conduct holistic user research that is repeatable and integrated into our web, tech and content development
- Lead a team of designers, in-house and/or externals, who will continuously find ways to do better, innovate and expand proficiencies
What We Are Looking For
- 7+ years of professional experience designing consumer facing digital products
- Data drives your decisions
- A passion for branding and experience in measuring brand success and designing for brand KPIs is a plus
- Experience in design thinking, user-centered design processes, user testing, and interface design
- A portfolio of work that showcases design work that drove business and user value
- An expert-level ability to present, discuss, and defend design conclusions
- Expertise in InVision, Sketch or Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Prototyping
- A team player with a relentlessly positive outlook and entrepreneurial spirit
- Expert-level knowledge of the broader digital technology landscape including front-end frameworks, native mobile apps, SEO, etc.
Our client is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.